Who brings meatballs to a cookie exchange? The answer is: this guy! The annual cookie exchange came along and normally the party happens after work at someone’s place and the rest of us would bring cookies, alcohol, and maybe chips and dip. I don’t know about most of you, but after work I am ravenous!!! I also wanted something that was quick and easy, something that I could just pack up and take with me since I would be rushing in and out of the house. I was looking around and I found this recipe at Betty Crocker.com; I could throw everything in a Crock Pot, go to work, and everything will be done when I get home!
You know your dish went over well when there is nothing left, so make this and watch it disappear.
Serves: 2 dozen
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley for garnish
- Mix all ingredients except meatballs and parsley in a crockpot; you can use a for or a butter knife to mash up the cranberry sauce. Mix well.
- Add meat balls and stir to coat. Cover with lid and set crockpot on low for 3 hours or until thoroughly heated.
- After 3 hours, remove the lid and give the mixture a good stir to make sure every meatball is coated. Sprinkle with chopped parsley for a pop of color.
NOTE: Since I would be at work all day, I added 1/4 C cup of water to the mix and cooked everything on low for 8 hours.